I'll Be There For You When You Need Me

Sunday, September 24, 2006

23rd September 06, 00:10

Sickening! My electric kettle still giving me chalky water due to the lime stuff on the heating element. How to survive without hot/warm water during cold mornings. Okay enough of complaining & more updating. Orientation started on 20th September & will last for a week, so lessons will only start on the 27th Sep for me (grinz). I skipped the 1st day of Orientation (with a valid reason - I didn't have a blanket, was freezing my ass off) so I took that day to go Carrefour. That day was tiring, stoopidly Xuan & I bought so many things that we forgot we didn't exactly live nearby. Eventually, we lugged everything back.

Oh! I have to tell you the interesting things that happened. During the 2nd day of our Orientation, Xuan & I met two China ladies, one older (much older) than the other, & we thought that was the mother of the other until we found out the older one was on a Master's Programme. We were like "Phew" we didn't say, “哇!你的妈妈真好,陪你来啊!”

Then we went to the auditorium for the talk on Belgian culture, traffice rules, thefts occurance, etc. To illustrate the importance of traffice rules & regulations, this China couple (students of the Uni) had to tell us their whole courtship period with explicit details (ie. it was love at first sight, where they dated, when they kissed, etc) just to tell us that during these dates they went, they had a run-in with the local police, broke traffic rules. How lame & funny is it? Oh & they had to end it with "we've been tgt for a yr". I mean how embarrassing is that? If I were in a relationship, I wouldn't wanna reveal it to anyone. Come on!


Anyway, hee hee hee...I've been cooking. Wah! Amazing rite? I can't believe it myself. It taste not too bad you know? Wanna try? Wait till I'm back & I'll cook a decent meal for you all. Haha! Everything's been quite okay but I miss people in Singapore - family friends but no bf to miss. Ha! Thankfully I have internet tv so I can still catch some programmes if the connections good. There's a Liverpool vs. Tottenham Spurs game on Saturday afternoon. Yeah! Looking forward to it. Heard Mooncake Festival coming, sadz, gonna miss all the fun with the PL bimbos, family & many. Hmmm...dun worry I'll do fine! Oh! heard SMU lost to NUS by 3 pts (shit! always this close...nvm, our revenge will come during the coming IVP help in 2007, can't wait to kick their asses)
Oh! Runli if someone get to pass you this info, there are 500 types of beer in Belgium, Stella Artois is from here, & it's freakin' cheap to drink here (around €1 for a glass of wine & €1.20 for beer). Gian?

OKie me going to rest. Nitez. Peace out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home